For the Love of an Ugly Cry 

Tonight was sweet... bedtime was special with this little lady. Her heart is so tender. I never want to forget this conversation.

As I put her to bed and kissed her goodnight, she grabbed my face, squeezed my cheeks super hard and said, 'I just love you so much mommy.' And burst into tears. Through tears and sniffles, she talked about how thankful she is for such a great family and how much she loves us. She went on to say her heart is breaking from all the love she has for me, Daddy, Camden, Embi and Miley. I held it together pretty good until she started telling me that she would never leave me no matter what. 

She went on to talk about all our extended family like Gramma's and Grampa's, Aunts and Uncles and cousin. Still crying, said she wanted to have a 'get together' and big get together with all our family and that she would write on the chalkboard 'Eliana loves her family'. 

As if it couldn't get any sweeter, her conversation somehow turned to Jesus. She said that she thinks she has so much love in her heart because Jesus lives there. She talked about Heaven and that she knows she's going to Heaven and that Jesus will be there. I nodded in agreement. It was like the wheels were turning so hard for such a five year old. She started crying more and said but there's so many people in this world that don't know Jesus. I nodded. She continued by saying and it's my job to show them God's love and hope and pray that they would 'ya know, get to know him.' I just smiled and hugged her. It's like she's fitting the pieces all together. 

We cried together - I cried an ugly cry while hers was sweet :-) goodness gracious, I love her bold ability to share and express her feelings. 

Comments